Long-time local attorney and resident Joe Hamilton is the founding partner of Hamilton & Associates. Joe graduated from Central Missouri University in 1966 with a degree in Physics. There, he was President of Theta Chi fraternity. He received his Juris Doctor from the University of Missouri at Kansas City in 1969, where he led the National Moot Court Competition Team.
Accident victims often use Joe’s services because of his long-time familiarity and success. These factors have led to Joe being named as a top attorney in the area. Joe’s civil practice consists of representing victims in many areas of the law.
Over the course of his career, Joe has participated in hundreds of jury trials and as a prosecutor, Mr. Hamilton imprisoned and gained the death sentence for some of Missouri’s most infamous criminals.
Mr. Hamilton has been an injury and criminal trial lawyer since 1969.
Honors & Awards
- Prosecuting Attorney of Cass County (elected) – two terms
- Prosecuting Attorney of Jackson County
- Prosecuting Attorney of Pleasant Hill, Missouri
- Governing Board, Cass County Bar Association
Trial lawyer Matt Hamilton graduated from the University of Missouri – Columbia in 1995 with Science degrees in Logistics, Marketing, and Business Administration.
At Mizzou, Matt served in dozens of leadership positions, including:
- Chief Justice of the student body
- Chairman of the Student/Faculty Conduct Committee
- Executive of Phi Delta Theta Fraternity.
Matt received his law degree, a Juris Doctor from the University of Missouri – Kansas City in 1999. Mr. Hamilton received a number of awards upon graduation:
- The Appellate Advocacy Award for excellence in appellate law practice.
- The Order of Barristers for excellence in trial and appellate court practice.
- Robert H. Colbern Scholar for academic achievement.
- President of the UMKC chapter of the Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys.
- Lead member of the law school’s Moot Court Board.
- Matt led the National Moot Court Competition Team.
Accident injury victims choose Hamilton for his skills as an attorney and local connections. Matt’s practice consists of representing people who have been injured due to the neglect of others. He also represents the families of those who have died because of negligence or willful wrongdoing of another person. Matt also represents people accused of committing crimes.
Honors & Awards:
- President of the Cass County Bar Association
- Lead County Coordinator for the Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum for achieving a paid judgment for his client in excess of one million dollars ($1,000,000.00)
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum for achieving a paid judgment for his client in excess of three million dollars ($3,000,000.00)
- The Bar of the Supreme Court of the United States of America (fewer than 1% of attorneys gain membership)
- Missouri Bar Association
- Kansas Bar Association
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Cass County Bar Association
- The American Association for Justice
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys
- Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity