Why are Hamilton & Associates The Best Lawyers for Belton Municipal Court?
- Success Rate
- Criminal Record – First criminal record charges are nearly always able to be kept off your criminal record.
- Driving Record – We can keep the mention of your traffic ticket off your driving record.
- Points off your Driver’s License – We can almost always keep the points off your driver’s license so that you do not get suspended or revoked.
- Insurance – With it not being on your criminal or driving record, insurance can be kept low for you thus saving you money.
- Convenience – Typically, you will not have to show up if we are paid, we show up for you and handle your traffic ticket.
- Money, in the short term. Fines for Belton Municipal Court are more when you keep the citation off your record than just pleading guilty and taking a conviction. This is a short term money savings as long term insurance will add up to much, much more than the fine savings by a guilty plea.
Where is Belton Municipal Court?
7001 E. 163rd Street
Belton, MO 64012
Telephone #: 816/331-2798
What is Belton Municipal Court’s website address?
When is Belton Municipal Court?
The Belton Municipal Court is held on Wednesday evenings, typically starting at 6:00 p.m. The Court’s open hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. – Monday through Friday
What kind of cases does Belton Municipal Court Handle?
Approximately 10,000 misdemeanor and ordinance cases are resolved by Belton Municipal Court on a yearly basis. Belton Court does not handle felonies. Rather, Belton traffic tickets, driving while intoxicated charges, and Belton auto accidents are handled by the Municipal Court.
Who Writes Belton Municipal Court Tickets?
Belton Municipal Court tickets are written by the City of Belton Municipal Police Department. They are not written by the Cass County Sheriff’s Department, nor are these traffic tickets written by the Missouri State Highway Patrol. Those traffic tickets are handled by the Circuit Court of Cass County at Harrisonville.
How do I “fix” a Belton Municipal Court Speeding Ticket?
It is possible to hire an attorney and have a speeding ticket in Belton Municipal Court amended to a non-moving violation that will neither appear on your criminal nor driving record. There will be a fine amount that is higher than that advertised on your ticket.
You will also have to pay an attorney, such as a traffic attorney from our office. You will not need to appear for court if the attorney is paid in full. Contact our office for the prices.
Prices for Belton Municipal Court speeding tickets vary from time to time. Also, there are at least three categories of fines depending upon your speed. Call us and we will be able to inform you of the exact amount.
Driving While Intoxicated DWI / DUI (drunk driving) in Belton Municipal Court
The Belton Municipal Court handles misdemeanor driving while intoxicated charges. These are typically first or second time offenders. A DWI in Belton Municipal Court will carry two (2) years of probation typically.
It is possible to keep a DWI off of your criminal record through our attorneys. You will need to complete the SATOP course. You will need to complete the Victim’s Impact Panel (VIP). There will be fines, court costs, and recoupment costs (to pay for the Breathalyzer from your DWI).
We will gather the evidence from the State of Missouri and Belton Municipal Court to look over it in detail. Our analysis will reveal whether you have a defense to the driving while intoxicated charge. If so, we will bring that to the City Prosecutor’s attention and the Belton Municipal Court may amend or dismiss.
Otherwise, it will need to be a negotiated plea agreement with the Prosecuting Attorney of Belton Municipal Court.
Auto Accidents in Belton Municipal Court
Car accidents in Belton, Missouri will take the forms:
- Following too close,
- Careless and imprudent driving,
- Failing to maintain control of your motor vehicle,
- Failure to yield, or
- Similar traffic tickets.
These carry a fine of up to $300.00. There are court costs of just under $30.00. It can carry a jail term of up to ninety (90) days.
How your case will be resolved will depend first upon whether you had insurance at the time. The Belton Municipal Court Prosecutor will expect to see a letter from your insurance carrier verifying insurance at the time and that the damages are being resolved. In addition, your attorney through our office will amend your traffic accident ticket to keep it off your criminal record and keep it off your driving record. You can expect to lose no points off your driver’s license.
Driving While Suspended and Driving While Revoked Belton Municipal Court Traffic Tickets
It is possible to amend your driving while suspended or driving while revoked traffic ticket to a non-moving violation that will not appear on your record. The cost will most notably depend upon whether you are reinstated at the time your case is resolved.
We recommend you call the Missouri Department of Revenue Driver License Bureau – Points Division at 573/751-4475.
- Look at your driver license suspension period.
- Get your driver’s license number before calling the Points Division.
- Its computer will require you to type in your driver license number to code in for the operation.
- Expect to wait fifteen to thirty-five minutes.
- Ask them what it will take to have your license reinstated.
- Do what is required.
If you are unable to reinstate your license, call our law office. There are ways in which these can still be amended to keep them off of your record, save points off your license and keep you driving and criminal records clean. It will cost more. We do not make more money off of you. However, your fine amount in Belton Municipal Court will be higher. Our lawyers can solve your driving while suspended traffic ticket.